Sunday 24 July 2011

Winning The Hog over

Well to kick start our punk theme off, we had a great performance by Cwmbran based band Winning The West. I think it was their second gig, the band had already popped their gig cherry at Pontypool Carnival a few weeks ago but I believe this was their first venue date and we had the privilege of seeing them here at The Hog.
Now the band are a three piece but remember punk bands always started out like this and a lot of noise and great music can be produced by one person so don't think for a second you  need a six piece band (ahem ok I did, but that was different and I was greedy) The band were fronted by singer and guitarist Liam who just needs a tweek here and there but lets face it, I wasn't perfect in the beginning and everyone needs to start somewehere.I was informed that Jordan on drums had only been playing a few months, but by the way he played I would have thought a year or two at least, that young guy is going to be a very sturdy drummer if he keeps the gigging up.Sam got his sound right after a few tweeks by myself and Jason. And when they started they didn't disappoint, their punk/new wave influences came through and they paid tribute to the Clash not once but twice as they were asked to do two encoures. So there you go , a well rounded band, keep the good work up lads and see you in a few months

No comments:

Post a Comment